From rigorous energy saving systems to dramatic architectural expression, our lighting designers will work with you to realise your vision
With, on average, 45% of energy consumption in buildings coming from lighting, your development will benefit from access to a team with deep experience of lighting design.
Why not capitalise on innovative, cost-effective solutions that strive to exceed standard practice beyond the use of lighting controls and the specification of current lamp technology?
An example is the Library of Birmingham, where we achieved a 2.5w/sqm to 100lux power consumption, (usual levels are 4-5W per 100lux) without compromising the architect’s vision or the client’s technical requirements.
People centred lighting design
Human factors greatly influence our design decisions. We focus on the user experience, ensuring the correct ambience is achieved. Day to day, we work closely with architects and end user clients to interpret their creative aspirations and realise the potential of their developments. In doing so, we assist them with creating world class spaces such as the V&A furniture galleries, or the BREEAM Office award winning environment at One Angel Square. Our specialist lighting designers will work with you from initial planning of the environment, through to the commissioning of systems, and hand-over to the end-user.
Access leading specialists from across the our international practice
The vision for your project, no matter how complex, can be brought to fruition by our vast range of specialists working as a multi-disciplinary team. We are also happy to discuss working as a stand-alone appointment, as part of your design team.
Our lighting design services:
- Environmental Impact Assessment work to meet planning requirements considering light spill analysis and overshadowing
- Sunlight & daylight massing analysis for architects and developers
- Daylight design including specification of control devices such as louvres and shading devices
- Lighting strategies & master-planning for public realm and cities
- Lighting concept designs
- Concept visualisation & 3D light modelling
- Scheme outlines with cost feasibility
- Detailed lighting design including architectural integration detailing
- Lighting control specification
- Site monitoring, including programming of control systems and focusing of luminaires