We are Buro Happold
We will always strive to deliver solutions with a sense of economy for our planet and its resources.Neil Squibbs, CEO
We are an international, integrated consultancy of engineers, consultants and advisers. Operating in 24 locations worldwide, with 60 partners and over 1,900 employees; for over 40 years we have built a world-class reputation for delivering creative, value led solutions for an ever challenging world.
1. We value human wellbeing, and are discontented with limitations. We commit to taking this as seriously for our people as our projects.
2. We are a diverse, one-firm culture. When we get it right, it sings. Internal barriers are always to be overcome through inclusivity.
3. We embrace mutual responsibility. It is easy to default to individual success. Teams need to share success and failure in the same way.
4. We are more than a business. We care about the legacy of our work. We have a responsibility of care as an employer and influencer in the shaping of the world.
5. Sustainability is intrinsic to the economic and social impact of our work. Going beyond compliance requires challenging preconceptions, taking extra steps.
6. It takes courage to create. Our culture fosters a dynamic between technology and empathy to gain deeper insight, unleash imagination, and manage risk.
If you live by these principles, roll up your sleeves and join us!
Our inclusive culture
Buro Happold is determined to continuously improve as an organisation, reflecting the varied cultures of the communities and clients we serve.
We foster a culture where all our people, irrespective of gender identity, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy, race, age, religious belief, or disability have the support and opportunities to reach and exceed their potential.
Our climate commitments
Our Global Sustainability Report for 2019 seeks to show how we implement our principles and engage positively with the wider environment. In doing so, we have set out our own targets for improvement and plan to report on these in the future.
We have set two important targets:
1. We aim to be Net Zero carbon for our own business operations by the end of the financial year ending April 2021.
2. Our target is that all new build projects will be Net Zero carbon in operation by 2030 and all projects by 2050.
Our social impact
Buro Happold believes in the need to be actively involved with our local communities wherever we can, as well as making our skills, experience and time available to those in society that are most in need, wherever they are located in the world.
Our main programme for community involvement is Share Our Skills (SOS), established in 2014, it enables our employees to carry out non-fee paying work during regular work time.