We are an international, integrated engineering consultancy operating in 23 locations worldwide, with 60 partners and over 1,900 employees including some of the world’s leading consulting engineers. For over 40 years BuroHappold Engineering has been building our reputation for delivering creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world.
The BuroHappold Principles
1. We value human wellbeing, and are discontented with limitations. We commit to taking this as seriously for our people as our projects.
2. We are a diverse, one-firm culture. When we get it right, it sings. Internal barriers are always to be overcome through inclusivity.
3. We embrace mutual responsibility. It is easy to default to individual success. Teams need to share success and failure in the same way.
4. We are more than a business. We care about the legacy of our work. We have a responsibility of care as an employer and influencer in the shaping of the world.
5. Sustainability is intrinsic to the economic and social impact of our work. Going beyond compliance requires challenging preconceptions, taking extra steps.
6. It takes courage to create. Our culture fosters a dynamic between technology and empathy to gain deeper insight, unleash imagination, and manage risk.
If you live by these principles, roll up your sleeves and join us!
Our Global Leadership Team
Who does what?
BuroHappold is a Partnership. Partners are each legally able to “commit the firm”, a very different form of responsibility from even the most senior executives in a corporation.
• Our CEO, Neil Squibbs, is elected by the Partners and is accountable for the strategy for the firm and its successful operation as a business.
• Our Senior Partner, Paul Rogers, is also elected by the Partners. His role is to look after the interests of Partners and staff, to ensure the relevance and vitality of the firm’s Culture and Principles.
• Our Chief Design and Technology Officer, Neil Billett, has a key board-level role steering our Design approach and challenging the why, what, and how we do it. Strengthening our agile Technology platform to support current and future relevant offers.