Rail terminals and transit hubs are amongst the most complex pedestrian environments in the world, where space is of a premium and passenger comfort and safety a priority.
In a world where design of transport infrastructure has historically been led by aesthetics and prescriptive regulations, this raises a number of challenges. However, where some may see the requirements of economic returns and passenger experience to be in conflict, our people-centred approach considers smart long-term goals to deliver these as complimentary outputs.
Our services for smarter transit hubs include:
- Station design and capacity assessments
- Passenger flow modelling
- Drop-offs and links to multi-modal transport nodes
- Ticketing, turnstiles and gate lines strategy
- Concourse, platform, stairs, escalator, corridor and lift sizing
- Testing of wayfinding strategies
- Retail layout optimisation
- Staffing and operational guidance
- Design compliance review against international design standards