The environment in which we learn has an enormous influence on our performance, and the key to providing a successful learning environment is the comfort, efficiency and safety of students as they circulate buildings and campuses.
Circulation design and space provision integrate seamlessly with lighting and environmental control to provide congestion-free teaching spaces that offer staff and students the best possible experience for learning, creativity and social interaction.
Our services for delivering better results for campuses and university buildings include:
- Spatial layout optimisation for schools and university buildings
- Congestion modelling and pinch point alleviation
- Space planning for campuses and detailed design assessments
- Classroom and faculty travel distance optimisation
- Stair, corridor and entrance sizing
- Operations and timetabling advice
- Landscaping advice (hard-play areas)
- Classroom usage analysis
- Dining area layout optimisation
“Due to the main brief aspirations to improve site wide accessibility, whilst radically increase student population on site, I would recommend a people flow assessment is commissioned to inform lift and stair placement and to test potential pinch points. WEA utilised BuroHappold Engineers at our Exeter forum project to do just that. The resultant modelling and animations were very informative and aided our design resolution, which now in use is of great success”
Chris Donoghue, WilkinsonEyre Architects