Poor air quality has negative effects on health, the environment and the economy. In recent years, air quality has become a key consideration in planning new developments and regulatory authorities require robust evidence to demonstrate that those developments do not worsen local air quality
BuroHappold’s specialist scientists and consultants have in-depth experience in addressing air quality issues through the planning, design, construction and operation of projects. Using the most up to date air quality dispersion models in our assessments we work closely with transportation, energy, utilities and building services colleagues to find solutions in advance of planning and construction.
We provide a wide range of services to both private and public sector clients in the UK and internationally. Recent air quality assessments have involved residential, mixed-use, industrial, rail and airport developments.
Air Quality services include:
- Providing air quality advice during the master planning stage
- Air quality assessments for environmental appraisals, environmental statements and public inquiries
- Assessment of air quality impacts from road traffic and airports
- Assessment of air quality impacts from industrial processes such as power plants, incinerators, Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plants and boilers
- Construction dust assessments
- Preparation of air quality monitoring programmes and emission inventories
- Preparation of indoor air quality plans to comply with BREEAM standards