Obtaining environmental approvals can be challenging and requires careful consideration and planning. At Buro Happold we work with regulators and design teams at the early stages to identify key issues, incorporate mitigation measures and maximise sustainable solutions that will reduce the overall environmental impact
Our team are experienced in providing comprehensive Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs), including coordination and preparation of Environmental Statements covering the full range of technical services from desktop studies through to site investigations and complex modelling, to meeting legislative requirements.
With the capability of providing in-house technical specialists globally, we are able to provide an integrated approach and respond quickly to technical queries. We provide a clear, staged approach from an early scoping and consultation process, through to design input, baseline studies, production of the environmental statement and post planning consultation and public exhibitions.
Our EIA services include:
- Project management and coordination of multidisciplinary teams;
- The full range of EIA technical assessments including the following in-house: waste management, air quality, noise and vibration, water quality and flood risk, ecology, ground conditions and contaminated land, transport, wind microclimate, sunlight and daylight, artificial lighting, and socio-economics;
- Environmental design: the development of enhancement and mitigation measures, which we work closely with the design team to incorporate into proposals;
- Consultation with planning authorities and statutory organisations;
- Preparation of Environmental Statements and review and discharge of planning conditions.