The integration of biodiversity into development designs, and the potential impacts on ecology, are now key aspects of the planning and design process
Considering these issues early on in that process allows programme risks to be minimised and mitigation to be incorporated into initial designs, achieving significant cost savings.
BuroHappold’s in-house ecology expertise enables us to work closely with engineers, architects and designers to provide a fully integrated design team, offering cost-effective solutions to complex planning and design issues.
We can also manage any post-planning survey, mitigation or monitoring requirements to provide a full service from pre-planning to operation.
Our Ecology services include:
- Identifying ecological constraints and opportunities and providing relevant strategic advice
- Undertaking phase 1 surveys, preliminary ecological appraisals, and ecological impact assessments
- Managing specialist protected species surveys
- Preparing all ecological documentation for planning applications, masterplans and Environmental Statements
- Liaising with statutory consultees such as Natural England and the Environment Agency on our clients’ behalf
- Advising on ecological mitigation and enhancement measures
- Providing ecology input into BREEAM assessments